Monday, May 17, 2010

Re: policy on social media use during school hours

Hi Jessi -

We don't have a policy on using social media during school hours, but if we
did, I would recommend something along these lines:

"Social media, including but not limited to services such as Facebook,
MySpace, Linked-In, and Twitter are powerful learning, collaboration, and
communication tools and should be judiciously employed by all faculty and
staff in the pursuit of teaching excellence, professional development, the
promotion of school activities and events, staying current with educational
trends, and understanding of how youth use technology in their daily lives.=
"

Now, I know this is not what you are looking for, but rather than try to
regulate social media through policy, I suggest it be embraced and used to
its best potential.

=3D=3D
-----
Steve Taffee
Director of Strategic
Projects | 650.924.1040 (Google Voice)
Castilleja School | staffee@castilleja.org
1310 Bryant Street | www.castilleja.org
Palo Alto, CA 94301 | taffee.edublogs.org
Women Learning, Women Leading
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 12:22:21 -0700
From: Jessi Christiansen <jchristiansen@EPIPHANYSCHOOL.ORG>
Subject: policy on social media use during school hours

Hi All,
I'm sure this has come up before. I am wondering if anyone is willing to
share their school's written policy regarding faculty using social media
during work hours.

Thanks!
~Jessi

Jessi Christiansen
Assistant Head of School
Epiphany School<http://www.epiphanyschool.org/>
(206) 720-7650

=E2=99=BA Please consider the environment and print only when necessary. =
=E2=99=BA