Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Re: Learning Management Systems - Moodle or Sakai?

We have been using MOODLE for five years. We are very pleased with what it
offers.

For the first 3, we hosted in house on a Linux Server. It was easy to set
up and to manage. I assure you, I had NO linux or php background
previously. 18 months ago we moved to a hosted solution and are using
Remote Learner. They have been responsive and proactive as well. I have
been quite happy with our experience. We pay $1500 for up to 12gb (I think)
of storage. I currently have 800 user accounts.

The only downside I have found is the day time bandwidth issue. While I
don't know what the "cost" is here, it is something to consider. If your
LMS is externally, your Internet pipe has to be dependable.

Peter
Peter Richardson
Director of Technical Services
Rutgers Preparatory School