Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Re: converting word docs for use with a SMARTBoard

Hi Lori: This might help.

1. Open your lab set-up in Word .doc--go to "Edit", then "Copy"
2. Open blank SMTNBK file, go to "Edit", then "Paste". (your .doc is now in
NTBK).
3. Make your changes--add lines, arrows, additional text etc. n.b. (not
edited text-that needs to be done in the .doc file before pasting),
4. Go to " Edit", then "Select All"
5. Then, go to "Format", then "Locking", choose "Lock in Place""
6. Go to File, then Save, and give your updated lab set-up a new name
7. If you re-open this NTBK file again, you can "unlock" it by going to
"edit", then "Select All", then "Format", then Unlock" ...and so on.

7. Depending on your OS or printer set-ups, you can create a .pdf by going
to Print, then select Adobe PDF as the printer (unless you use something
else to create .pdf files).
Hope this fixes things.

Libby Mueller MLS, MSEd
Ridgefield, CT